The following are the listed ingredients for Puss'n'Boots Pounce ( Shrimp Flavor) Treats for Cats:
Flour, liver, dried whole egg, glycerin, pregelatinized wheat flour, shrimp by-products, wheat gluten, torula dried yeast, calcium sulfate, cheese meal, phosphoric acid, animal fat (preserved with butylated hydroxyanisole, otherwise known as BHA), potassium chloride, salt, potassium sorbate ( a preservative), wheat middlings, color, choline chloride, calcium carbonate, ferrous sulfate, vitamin E supplement, zinc oxide, BHA ( again!), cupric oxide, cobalt carbonate, manganous oxide, vitamin A supplement, potassium iodide, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin B-12 supplement, vitamin D-3 supplement, water sufficient for processing.
The purpose of this activity is to practice writing formulas for simple inorganic compounds whose names are found on labels of products in the supermarket, drugstore or at home.
1. You are to complete the name and formula grid which is attached. Both the name and correct formula for the compounds represented in matrix must be written in the box. (30 points if completed)
2. At the bottom of this sheet is a list of ions. You are to read product labels to find compounds formed from the ions on the list. For each compound, the following information will be required:
Name of compound as it appears on the label
Name of the product in which it is found.
3. You must turn in at least 20 different compounds. (20 points if completed, -1 for each less than 20)
4. A compound may only be used once. ( If the same compound is listed more than once, -2)
5. Names must be of compounds, not elements.
6. The list must be numbered for full credit. ( -5 points penalty)
7. You may not write on the back of the page (-5 points penalty)
8. Lists must be alphabetized. (-5) points.
9. Extra compounds can earn extra points, up to 5 extra awarded.
|Chromium (II)||Chromous||Iron (III)||Ferric||Tin (II)||Stannous|
|Chromium (III)||Chromic||Manganese (II)||Manganous||Tin (IV)||Stannic|
|Copper (I)||Cupric||Mercury (I)||Mercurous|
|Iron (II)||Ferrous||Mercury (II)||Mercuric|