Tests are defined as an evaluation over one unit which might encompass one or more chapters in a textbook.
- Acids and Bases (Answers) pH, acids, bases, salts, Bronsted-Lowry, titrations, indicators, molarity.
- Acids, Bases, and Salts (Answers) pH, acids, bases, salts, Bronsted-Lowry, titrations, indicators, molarity.
- Atomic Structure: (Answers) protons, electrons, neutrons, nucleus, nuclear chemistry, halflife, sublevels, electronic configuration
- Atomic Theory#1: (Answers) Bohr, Quantum, orbitals, energy levels, atomic size, light.
- Atomic Theory#2: (Answers) Thomson, Rutherford, Bohr, deBroglie, Quantum.
- Atomic Theory#3: Electrons, Quantum Numbers, and the Periodic Table
- Bonding: (Answers) nonpolar, polar, formulas, ionic, covalent, metallic, intermolecular forces, resonance, hybrid orbitals.
- Bonding & Molecular Structures: (Answers) Lewis structures, bonds, molecular structure.
- Chemical Kinetics and Intro to Equilibrium: (Answers) Rate Equations, Equilibrium, LeChatelier,
- Compounds & Equations: (Answers) formulas, balancing equations, energy, compounds, mixtures, reactions.
- Introductory Material: (Answers) measurement, significant digits, metric system, dimensional analysis, density, energy.
- Ionic Equilibria: (Answers) hydrolysis, weak acids and bases, solubility product.
- Kinetics: activation energy, equilibrium, Le Chatelier, Keq, endothermic, exothermic.
- Kinetic Molecular Theory#1: (Answers) gas laws, ideal gas law
- Kinetic Molecular Theory#2: (Answers) gas laws, ideal gas law, crystals
- Matter, Atoms and the Mole : Two separte tests.
- Matter and Energy: (Answers) mixtures, celcius, kinetic energy, gas laws, kelvin, STP, vapor pressure, ideal gas law.
- Nuclear Chemistry: (Answers) nuclear decay, fission, fusion, radioactivity, Lise Meitner, atomic bomb.
- Organic Chemistry: (Answers) alkanes, homologus series, esters, alcohols, ethers, acids, unsaturated, saturated, alkenes.
- Organic Chem--Hydrocarbons: (Answers) alkanes, homologus series, hybridization, geometry, addition reactions, substitution reactions.
- Organic Chem--Hydrocarbon Derivatives: (Answers) alcohols, organic acids, aldehydes, ketones, esters, ethers, amines.
- Periodic Table #1: (Answers) metals, nonmetals, mettalloids, trends, volume, alkali, halogen, reactivity
- Periodic Table #2 (Answers) metals, nonmetals, mettalloids, trends, volume, alkali, halogen, reactivity
- Polymers: (Answers) addition, condensation
- PreTest-Gormley: (Answers) Basic math and science skills.
- Predicting Chemical Reactions: (Answers) reactivity, periodic trends, redox.
- Redox: (Answers) electrolysis, oxidation, reduction, oxidation potential, emf.
- Solutions and Colloids: (Answers) molarity, molality, mol fraction, osmosis.
- Stoichiometry Review: (Answers) stoichiometry, percent composition, titrations.
- Stoichiometry#1: (Answers) mols, empirical formulas, molecular formulas, Avogadro.
- Stoichiometry#2: (Answers) mols, empirical formula, molecular formula, molarity, STP
Quizzes are defined as an evaluation over a specific topic within a unit.
- Chemical Reactions #1: Predicting chemical reactions from periodic trends.
- Chemical Reactions #2: Predicting chemical reactions from periodic trends.
- Chemical Reactions #3: Predicting chemical reactions from periodic trends.
- Dimensional Analysis Worksheet: Good pop quiz questions.
- Dimensional Analysis (07/13/01)
- Periodic Table: Periodic trends used to place elements.
- Qualitative Analysis:
- Solutions Concentration: molariy, molality, freezing point depression
- Symbol Quiz#1: Symbols of elements.
- Symbol Quiz#2: Symbols of elements.
Exams are considered to be tests over several units. These would be the kind of evaluations instructors would give at the end of a semester or course.
- Exam#1 Essay short answer. Redox titrations, rate equations, free energy, equilibrium, electrochemistry.
|Questions? Comments??|| Revised on: May 26 2008 6:59:29 AM || |